Thursday, April 16, 2015

We made it!

It's hard to blog on a camping trip! Even though we brought our own portable wifi with us, it doesn't always work as well as advertised and the circumstances of traveling and painting make opportunities for blogging very difficult to find.
I'm happy to report that we've driven without incident (except for that one day when I bent the trailer jack driving into a dip in the pavement. Sorry, Joanna!) over 3,000 miles from Jacksonville to the coast of California. It's been fun and exhilarating and exhausting and educational. Joanna and I haven't yet come to blows or even irritated each other. We are extremely compatible.
We crossed the lower states and painted in LA, TX, NM and AZ before we arrived in the Promised Land and the Plein Air Convention in Monterey. Here we are enjoying the most astounding landscapes - the beauty of this state is almost intimidating. How can we paint well enough to do it justice? But we keep trying!

1 comment:

  1. I had the same intention of blogging during a month long painting road trip last May, and ran into the same WiFi problems. I had to do most of my posts after my return. I'd like to see your paintings and photos! As beautiful as the white dunes of the Gulf Coast are, the central Cal. coast is still my favorite place to be and to paint!

    ReplyDelete