Tuesday, January 29, 2013

and now for...Something a Little Different

To the Sun and Back/ 12x12"/Oil on cradled hardboard



What do plein air painters do when the weather is forbidding and we can't go outdoors?

For me the answer is to paint something else, from another series, and from another part of my brain.

The latest painting betrays my former life as an illustrator for children's textbooks. I took advantage of a rainy day to paint something for the kid in all of us.

To the Sun and Back was a labor of joy, inspired by a special boy in my life. 

I have to paint what's on my mind and in my heart, you know. So do you. 


2 comments:

  1. I don't know who you are but you need to stop commenting on my blog. This is not a forum for advertising. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jaime,
    Sorry someone is using your blog incorrectly. Love your art blog and thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete